Monday, August 09, 2010

Projection


Jerry Jones and Emmitt Smith have made tremendous contribution to the Dallas Cowboys franchise, and to many people beyond. However, both Jerry and Emmitt are insufferable. It's not the worst trait in the world, but it is trying for the rest of us.


When I have such a feeling about another person, it's usually b/c I share the irritating trait with the other person, and therefore clearly recognize a trait which I detest in myself. Yuck.


Therefore, as I watched Emmitt's Hall of Fame induction, I remembered: I am insufferable, and cannot stand to listen to myself any more. So, blog vacation. Thank goodness.

9 comments:

Tat said...

Have a great vacation; hope it's not just from blogging, but going somewhere cooler than Texan heat of 105F.

And return refreshed, soon!

Southern Brother said...

Sometimes I dont remember if I've something specific or not...the kid's accuse me of having the "thought you said's"...therefore I will either say this for the first time or tell you again..."Thank YOU from the bottom of my heart for keeping Lisa's picture on your blog and keeping her spirit alive and honoring her in such a positive thoughtful manner...I've always appreciated it and LOVE you for it. AS Tom Allen said..."We hope her hard headed stubborness and legacy will live on, in the best way possible, we do this in the name of the one with whom she resides. In Jesus name I pray. Amen."

Donna B. said...

Have a good vacation. We'll be here when you get back!

gcotharn said...

You guys are very sweet. Except for you, Southern Brother. You are moderately sweet.

Webutante said...

Missing you and hope you'll be back as the elections get going in mid-September!

mama mia said...

OK...enough Blog vaca. Get back to writing!

Pracasify said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

When Tom Landry heard he had been fired as head coach of the Cowboys via the newswire I lost all interest in the Cowboys...better to day I have zero interest in anything connected with Jerry Jones, a self-serving thug who thinks he is above the law. He's a sorry sort...
SRT.

sewa mobil said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.