Monday, March 24, 2008

O'Keeffe Green



Last year (maybe): My sis in law put 4 blown eggs into my 4 year old niece’s room. My brother heard something happening in the room, and went in to discover my niece about to crush the 4th and last blown eggshell into pieces. My niece explained: “Sometimes my mind tells me no, but my body just says yes.”

Of course, this means she can never be allowed to date.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Synova Says: March 23rd, 2008 at 10:32 pm
And what I was going to say was… I have chickens that lay green eggs.

The colors are subtle but they are laying white, light brown, and soft blue and green eggs, which are very pretty.

We didn’t do anything with them this year but in the past I’ve blown them out (and yes, had many broken by horrible children who were sitting on them!) and kept them. I was getting extra dark brown ones then, too.

When hens first start to lay their eggs are smaller, so I saved the half-sized eggs to blow out and keep.

[Pictures] From last year:
http://synova.blogspot.com/2007/05/chickens-on-demand.html

Synova's chickens' eggs:



Amazing. Wonderful.

No comments: