Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The manure Barack is shoveling: Part 4 - Fake change

Previous Posts:
Barack knock
Michelle Obama: "For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country."
Did I mischaracterize Michelle Obama?
The manure Barack is shoveling: Part 1 - Limited love for America; unlimited love for (fantasy) ideals
The manure Barack is shoveling: Part 2 - Not ready; why meeting with oppressive dictators is bad policy
The manure Barack is shoveling: Part 3 - Desire for black identity affects his politics
The manure Barack is shoveling: Part 3 1/2 - Fantasizing about Arab-American families being rounded up
The manure Barack is shoveling: Part 3 3/4 - Sees no reason to be proud of America



Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes, not divine, but demonic.
--Pope Benedict XVI

"I'm going to back Obama ... I can't wait to see what he stands for."
--Actress Susan Sarandon, Mid-February, 2008



Barack:

I'm going to change politics in America!

Barack's Campaign Manager, today:

BTW, did you guys know Hillary is the most secretive politician in America?

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Barack, to America:

Nafta sucks!

Barack's chief economic advisor, to Canadian government official:

Don't worry. He has to say that stuff about NAFTA. He doesn't really mean it!

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Barack, to Illinois, during his run for Senate in 2004:

Long live Israel!

Barack, to Palestinian Activist Ali Abuminah, during Barack's Senate campaign of 2004:

"Hey, I'm sorry I haven't said more about Palestine right now, but we are in a tough primary race. I'm hoping when things calm down I can be more up front."

Link

No comments: