Friday, December 12, 2008

Barack is a slippery eel

Barack values clever over character. -The End Zone 6/19/08

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Barack in Chicago Sun Times*:
"Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition. I think people can take me at my word."
"I think"?! Who talks like this?! Here is how people talk:

  • My word is good.
  • You can take me at my word.
  • My word is my bond.
Everything Barack says must be parsed - exactly as with Bill Clinton. Geraghty observed:
"Every Barack promise comes with an expiration date."
What Barack is really saying:
Sometimes I make plans to change my positions at some future point. Gun owners can rest assured: this is not one of those times! I miiight change my position in the future - but that would be due to unforseen circumstances, and therefore would not be my fault.
Barack gives his word for the moment. The moment ends at any time it is advantageous for it to end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who talks like this? - Part 2 (via Darleen Click):
The One’s unscripted denial (at 3:14)
I, uh, had no contact with the governor, ah uh, or his office. Uh and so, we were not … I, I was, uh, not aware of what was, um, happening.
Liars talk like this. Slippery eels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Dissimulation was his masterpiece, in which he so much excelled that men were not ashamed of being deceived but twice by him'.
-Edward Hyde

No comments: