Saturday, May 16, 2009

Earthquake in North Texas!

Tiny one, I guess:  3.3.  In Hurst-Euless-Bedford, just west of DFW Airport.  My cousin and some of her friends felt it.

Now, seeing as how I'm geologically ignorant, I'm saying:  Armageddon?  Holy whillakers!  Earthquake!  In.  North.  Texas!  This stuff just doesn't happen.  We are supposed to die by tornado.  So:  Armageddon alert!

"Sinnerman"
Nina Simone
http://blip.fm/profile/gcotharn/blip/9231502
Well I run to the river, it was boilin'
I run to the sea, it was boilin'
I run to the sea, it was boilin'
All on that day

So I ran to the Lord
I said, Lord hide me,
please hide me, please help me
All on that day

He said,
child,
where were you
when you oughta been prayin'?

I said, Lord, Lord, hear me prayin'
Lord, Lord, hear me prayin'
Lord, Lord, hear me prayin'
All on that day

Sinnerman you oughta be prayin'
Oughta be prayin', Sinnerman
Oughta be prayin',
All on that day

2 comments:

emjay said...

Hey Goofus. Earthquakes happen everywhere. Usually so light you don't feel them or just suppose an 18-wheeler is going by. You'll never feel the one that gets you! (Feel better now?) heh, heh.

gcotharn said...

Armageddon is my story, and I'm stickin to it! :) Congrats on the new great grandchild.