Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Rangers' Hamilton interviewed by Galloway

Mostly quoted, some paraphrased:

Ham: They're not going to pitch me inside too much. When they do, I've gotta take advantage of it.

Galloway: Ron Washington talk?

Ham: We can't listen to that. Wash is doing his job. We had team meeting, and we said: "let's start the season over."

Galloway: adjustments? is it looking easier for you than it is?

Ham: My dad told me, last year: "if you swing at pitches out of the zone, they're gonna throw pitches out of the zone." So, that's the approach I'm taking. I'm not gonna swing at pitches out of the zone. Rudy Jaramillo is probably the best guy in baseball. He tries to get me in the cage more than I'd like to sometimes, just b/c he loves it so much. We'll adjust to each other.

Galloway: do you keep up with Edinson Volquez and the Reds?

Ham: "To be honest, I don't watch baseball, period. I've heard he's doing good. If it works good for both sides, I'm all for it."

No comments: