Saturday, April 04, 2009

Shiri Negari was the symbol of life


Yesterday's post, which celebrates life, reminds again of Shiri Negari.
"In her life, even when she was very little:  she was the symbol of life; she was the symbol of happiness."

"She had this way of walking, so self confident - like someone who knows where she wants to go, what she wants to do. She never looked confused.  And there was something royal about her - in her very long blond hair, her amazing smile - that made people unable to ignore her."

"She was so brave and strong: I did not believe anything could happen to her."

"I remember her ... as the winner.  That's the word.  She was the winner."

Shiri, in the video below, embodies Thomas Merton's words:
“Finally I am coming to the conclusion that my highest ambition is to be what I already am. That I will never fulfill my obligation to surpass myself unless I first accept myself, and if I accept myself fully in the right way, I will already have surpassed myself.”
 ---- Thomas Merton, Journal, October 2, 1958 ....h/t




L'Chaim!

No comments: