Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Susan Boyle on "Britain's Got Talent"

I'm a total sucker for this kind of stuff. A 100%, no holds barred, in all the way, total, complete,  sucker.

The show introduces Susan in a manipulative way which is a set up: showing her eating a sandwich; editing in a clownish bit of background musical riff; editing in a way which sets up Susan as a cousin of the Three Stooges.

Yet, I don't care that I was set up. Don't care a bit. Link.

The Anchoress adds detail.
Les Miserables, "I Dreamed A Dream"

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving.

Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used
And wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung
No wine untasted.

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
As they turn your dream to shame.

And still
I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms
We cannot weather...

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
so different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed
The dream I dreamed.

No comments: