Sunday, February 01, 2009

Amity Schlaes in WaPo: Why repeat The New Deal if it did not work?

the first time?

It's okay to
  1. fail (i.e. The New Deal), if you
  2. learn lessons and try not to repeat your mistakes.
We're not doing so well at that second part.

FDR Secretary of the Treasury Henry Morgenthau, in 1939:
"We are spending more than we have ever spent before, and it does not work. ... We have never made good on our promises. I say after eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started. And an enormous debt to boot!"
We are being disingenuous and foolish. We should stop now.


Related:
Multi-Generational Economic Rape Act
Magnosity of the Stuprissity
Barack Antoinette
Sowell: Crisis used to expand Fed. Govt's power
Big Hollywood: Republican is the New Punk
Al Gore: Budding object of derision
And on the third day, he picked a fight
Amity Schlaes interviewed by Peter Robinson


Observation:
Looking at these links, a person might naturally think I go around being quite animated about Barack. That's not the case, at all. I use this blog vent my disagreements with Barack/Harry/Nancy, and therefore the blog sort of looks like I'm all hyped up. In actuality, in tactile life, I am tranquil and calm and easy going. Easy peasy. A joy to be around! These links do not reflect my delightful personality!

No comments: