Thursday, March 19, 2009

Treacher channels Barack with Leno; I'm with Kathy

What's got conservatives riled is not Barack's "It's like the Special Olympics", but rather that the left and media are consistently using false pretenses to attempt to take down articulate conservative voices one by one by one. "False pretenses" means the left takes conservative statements out of context, then left voices jump in - together - to create an echo chamber of illegitimate outrage over a statement which is being skewed and misrepresented. New media might begin the meme, then old media jump in (adding gravitas), then Stewart/SNL/Maher/Colbert bat it around as if it is true, and until most of the nation believes it is true, and the articulate conservative's reputation is damaged. The kicking hooves of the left join together in an unspoken conspiracy to isolate and individually destroy the most articulate conservative voices. Conservatives are rightly riled(!), and are sarcastically expressing their frustration via lampooning Barack's comments on Leno.

Robert Stacy McCain has termed one method of smearing "The Ransom Note Method":
what is worth examining here is the application of what a friend of mine who’s been smeared by the SPLC (we are legion) has called their ‘ransom note method’ of quotation: A phrase here, half a sentence there — the words are cut and pasted together like a kidnapper assembling a ransom note from cut-up magazines, with the SPLC’s own interpretative comments helpfully interlarded to tell their readers exactly what to think about the target."
Andrew Breitbart, beginning at 11:00:
Conservatives in media are now saying "Wait a second, the longer I'm in this media game, [the greater the odds] they're going to isolate something I've said out of context" - think Rush Limbaugh right now. [...] They isolate conservative rhetoric out of context as a means to destroy them, then the media pile on and it's a fait accompli. [...] Conservatives in the public eye are saying: "I don't want to be called a racist or a homophobe, b/c my life will be ruined."  The [left] are trying to off - one by one - the most effective voices in the conservative movement.
"fait accompli: a thing accomplished and presumably irreversible"


Which, here is the place to declare:  "@#$% those lying crapweasels, I'm with Kathy!", i.e. Kathy Shaidle, Canadian conservative blogger and author, whose words are being isolated out of context, whose reputation is being targeted by the kicking hooves of dishonest liberalism, who is being isolated and culled from the herd so she can be ganged up on and eliminated as an articulate voice.  I'm with Kathy.  Battle at Kruger!  - except the enemy are not lions, but lying crapweasels.  


http://twitter.com/jimtreacher's twitter stream(begin at bottom) is only a little bit about what Barack said, and is a lotta bit about conservative anger and incredulity - note his tweet to Patterico re "holding [the left] to their own standard":
Updated:  
P.S. I think we all remember where we were when we found out JFK had gone on the Tonight Show and mocked the developmentally disabled. As FDR said: "The only thing we have to fear is... one of those people trying to hug us." And who can forget the immortal words of Abraham Lincoln? "Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth upon this continent a new nation, dedicated to the proposition that tards are hilarious."
P.P.S. Obama responds to the controversy: "You know, I didn't mess with those people's chromosomes. This administration has inherited these genetic anomalies."
That's all I got, I guess. It's actually kind of tough to be that offensive. He makes it look so easy.

"People ask what scares me most. Iran? The economy? Try: Waking up every morning next to She-Hulk! Oh, I'm gonna get it when I come home."

"You know what cracks me up? Chinese people. [sticks front teeth over bottom lip and pushes back corners of eyes] "Herro, Mistel Plesident!"

"Another great thing about LA is all the fags. [audience hisses] OK, OK, Faggot-Americans. Hey, I got no problem with it. I did hire Rahm!"

"Any Irish folks in the audience? Don't raise your hand, you might spill your drink. 'When Oirish oys are smilin'...'" [pretends to vomit]

"Sarah Palin and I don't talk much, 'cause I don't speak Tardese. 'Doy! Durr! Look at my dumb baby!' [someone boos] Oh, lighten up."

"Yeah, John McCain and I get along. Although he always freezes me out when I try to give him a high five! [audience groans] What, too soon?"

"You think being the first black president is easy? Every time I leave the White House, Secret Service checks my pockets for silverware."

"Ya know, I thought about picking a female VP too. But I've already got somebody to clean my house and fetch me beers! Am I right, fellas?"

"Kevin Eubanks, how are ya, man? Is Jay letting you come in through the front entrance yet? No? It's okay, I do the same thing to Biden."

"Thanks for having me on the show, Jay. You seem like a pretty nice guy for an Italian. [Tony Soprano impersonation] Ayyyy! Fuggetaboutit!"

@andylevy If it was the President of the United States on the Tonight Show, you mean?

Obama: "I stopped by Hollywood earlier. Or as I call it, Little Israel. I dropped a penny on the sidewalk and lost 3 Secret Service guys."

When asked by Jay Leno about the AIG fiasco, President Obama replied, "I could have handled it better. Sometimes I'm such a Polack."

I heard Obama is sitting in for Jim Norton tomorrow morning on Opie & Anthony.

The next time Obama goes on the Tonight Show, when he walks out they should play "Let's Get Retarded."

Might be time for a sequel to this: http://tr.im/hA7H The guy sure has had an impressive string of "isolated incidents."

@Patterico But see, holding them to their own standard is populist or something.

@allahpundit Yeah, a sitting president goes on the Tonight Show and makes a Special Olympics joke, and everybody acts like it's a big deal.


Update:

Rachel Lucas, "Standards, is the point":
But most of all what I love about this story is the giant sucking silence I’m hearing from all those people who would be screeching like caged raccoons in my brother’s back yard if the exact same thing had been said by Bush or Palin or any other redneck hillbilly (like all Republicans are).

If President Bush had said this, it would be all you heard about for days on the left-blogs and The Daily Show and CNN. You know it would.



Update 2

Conservative Comeback works with special needs kids, is truly offended, and demands to be heard:
There is no doubt in my mind that many of these kids would destroy Barack in this sport. There is one difference though between these kids and the President. They wouldn't laugh at him. They wouldn't make fun of him. As a matter of fact, they would cheer for him every time he was lucky enough to knock down a pin, and pat him on the back when he didn't knock down any at all.


We were told during the campaign what a compelling story Barack Obamas life was. How he was born to a single mother and made something of his life. Barack Obama has no clue what it is like to have the deck stacked against him like these kids do. Obamas struggle is a walk in the park compared to these kids. And yet, they are some of the happiest and most thankful kids you will ever meet. They certainly have never played the victimhood game like your wife has, Barack. And yet the man who supposedly inspires hope, chooses to target these kids in order to get a laugh from the audience. It should tell you something about this mans character.


While we are on the subject of Barack Obama and special needs kids, there is one more fact that needs to be pointed out. I have conversations with these kids every day, and not once have any of them needed a teleprompter in order to finish a sentence. The same can't be said for our current President. Who's the real joke?

No comments: